Filing income tax in Quebec and Ontario



My husband and I moved from Quebec to Ontario in July 2011. He had no Quebec income in 2011 – only Ontario income. I, on the other hand, had Quebec income from Jan. 1st, 2011 to June 16th, 2011. Will I / we need to file income tax returns in both Quebec and Ontario for 2011 taxation year?


Hi Lynn,

Your tax return filing is based on where you live, not where you work. Regardless of where you or your husband worked in Canada, your individual tax returns are based on where you live Dec 31, 2011. If you have tax slips from different employers in different provinces, in the completing of your tax returns all the information is digested and filed appropriately on the tax returns. I hope this has answered your question.


Storoszko & Associates
Tax Specialists
647 367 3477
Twitter: @Storoszko_Assoc

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.